Monday, April 25, 2011

Is it ever really finished.

I know. I know. In my last post I said AFTER was finished. But then last night I received feedback from a woman on the opening chapter. She said that it was great except for a few miniscule details, like one sentence in the wrong tense and changing a word. I wouldn't have taken the advice so seriously except that this woman was a bona fide LITERARY AGENT and she gave this advice free and willingly on her own time. Obviously by the detail of the critique she had spent some time on it, even though she said outright that she doesn't handle YA or middle grade. How nice. I can't emphasis enough how joining these online groups have helped my writing. She read my stuff through a Shelfari post. So, now I send the absolutely completed file to my formatter.

No comments:

Post a Comment